Thursday, 28 November 2013

Day 21 Noosa and Byron Bay

When: day 21 Noosa and Byron Bay

 

Where: Noosa, Queensland and Byron Bay, NSW

 

Weather: sunny and warm in Noosa. 26c in the morning. 35c inland. About 25c in Byron and Cloudy and muggy

 

What: travel day to Byron. About 3.5 hour drive thru Brisbane

 

Who: just us

 

Wine: Train Trak Pinot Noir 2011

 

Whine: we have to cross a street to get to the beach

 

Winery: none

 

Wtf: discovered this morning that a 26 hand is not possible in cribbage. I thought only a 19 hand was impossible. John W pointed out this fact to me. So my cribbage hand was only 24, not 26. Brent figured if I had counted right, he'd have won the game. This despite the fact that I nearly skunked him. FYI, and again thanks to John, 25 and 27 are also not possible.

 

Wild: to get out of Noosa and to the freeway, we had to cross 12 roundabouts (yes, we counted). I did it cooly and calmly and without incident. I think I should get honorary citizenship now.

 

Wildlife: Schoolies. Bad timing. This is the time of year when students graduate from high school. The flock to Gold Coast and Byron Bay to party. The town is packed. And loud.

 

Water: The Bay at Byron! Here's our view. The picture does not do it justice.

 

 

Wonderful: the hotel. The nicest place we've stayed thus far. And there's a plunge pool!

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment