When: day 33 Cairns
Where: Cairns, QLD
Weather: cloudless sky, about 30c. Gorgeous.
What: last day lazing in the sun
Who: just us
Wine: Lindeman's Origins Cabernet Merlot 2009
Whine: these beautiful tropical birds shit all over the place (including on me!)
Winery: none
Wtf: the internet has been down for the most part during the last day (and still not totally back).
Wild: we survived without it (mostly).
Wildlife: a really bizarre looking insect that looked like a moving piece of wood (photo will follow when we get proper internet - see above).
Water: much to the chagrin of Brent, I swam in the ocean today. I'd guess the water temperature was about 28c. I survived to tell the tale (marine stingers, or box jellyfish, are known to be in the area at this time of year and swimming is not advised).
Wonderful: the resort planted two trees in honour of my birthday. Kinda.
No comments:
Post a Comment